Support: FAQs

General Questions

What is Proposition 65?

In November 1986, California voters approved a ballot initiative to address concerns about exposures to toxic chemicals. That initiative became The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, better known by its original name, Proposition 65.

What does Proposition 65 require?

First, it requires the Governor of California to publish a list of chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Over 700 chemicals and materials, including many metals and plastics, have been listed as of March 10, 2000.

Second, it requires Manufacturers to provide a “clear and reasonable” warning before exposing anyone to a listed chemical. This warning can be given by a variety of means, such as by labeling a consumer product, by posting signs at the workplace, or by publishing notices in a newspaper.

What does a Proposition 65 warning mean?

It means that the Manufacturer issuing the warning believes that one or more listed chemicals is present in its product, even if it is only present in trace quantities. Briggs Plumbing has chosen to label all of its products available in North America. We use language approved by the State of California as follows:

Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and
birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information:


What kinds of chemicals and materials are on the list?

The list contains a wide range of chemicals and materials, including many metals and plastics, dyes, solvents, pesticides, drugs, food additives, and byproducts of certain processes. These chemicals may be naturally occurring, or synthetic. Some of them are ingredients of common household products, others are specialty chemicals used in common industrial applications.

How can I get more information?

The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment, OEHHA, maintains a comprehensive website at This website explains the law and offers a list of all the chemicals and materials.

You can also e-mail or telephone the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment’s Proposition 65 Implementation Office at (916) 445-6900.

If I have a problem with my product what should I do?

Contact Customer Service toll free at 800-888-4458. Pictures, proof of purchase and installation date may be required.

How much can I expect to pay for a Briggs product?

Briggs provides only suggested retail prices as a guideline for wholesale and retail distributors. Keep in mind that prices may vary by model, color, region and distributor.

I need to replace my toilet seat. Can I order one from you?

Briggs Plumbing Products, Inc. does not manufacture or sell seats. You can purchase seats from a distributor or a retailer in your area.

Can I purchase a toilet or faucet directly from Briggs?

We do not sell direct to consumers. As a professional manufacturer, we sell to distributors, plumbing contractors, retail outlets, etc.

If I have a problem with my product what should I do?

Contact the Customer Service Department toll free at 800-888-4458 for china and faucets. Pictures, proof of purchase and installation date may be required.

Faucet Related

My faucet is leaking how do I fix it?
The most common leak is a drip from the end of the spout. This drip can usually be fixed by replacing your stem or cartridge, which turn on and off the water in the faucet. You need to determine whether it is the hot, cold or both sides causing the leak. You can then remove the stem or cartridge, which lies beneath the handle and locate a store near you that carries our replacement parts, or you can call Customer Service at 800-888-4458 to obtain information on replacing the stem/cartridge. For warranty information, please refer to your warranty cards sent with the faucet. If you have misplaced these please refer to our warranty section on this website.
How do I replace my stem or cartridge?
The first step is to shut off the water supply to your faucet. The next step is to remove the index button on your handle, screw, and then the handle should come off. Note how the cartridge is in place, direction, etc. Then remove the cartridge and place the new cartridge the exact same way as the other one was positioned. Replace the handle components and turn the water on to test to make sure that everything is working properly. If you have any problems, please call Customer Service at 800-888-4458.
Can I replace my faucet myself?
Yes. With every Sayco/Briggs faucet shipped out, we send installation instruction in the box. These instructions are easy to read and understand. If you misplace these installation instructions we have them available on this web-site for you. If you have any difficulty installing the faucet, please give Customer Service a call at 800-888-4458.
I installed a tub and shower faucet and I am not getting water out?
The most common installation mistake on a tub and shower unit is the installation of the body tee. Check the product to make sure the word “TUB” embossed on the body tee is facing down towards the floor. If the word “TUB” is facing up toward the ceiling, you have installed it upside down. If this does not solve your problem, please call our Customer Service Department at 800-888-4458.
There is no place in my area that carries Sayco/Briggs replacement parts, can I order direct from you?
Yes. Contact our Customer Service Department at 800-888-4458 for details on how to order faucet replacement parts or inside toilet tank replacement parts. You can also contact Customer Service for toilet tanks, tank lids, bowls, seats, sinks, and tubs.
Why should I use Sayco/Briggs replacement parts?
If you use replacement parts other than parts made by Sayco/Briggs in our products, we cannot guarantee that they will work properly and last as long as they were intended to. To insure that the parts will work properly and last, we suggest that you use only our genuine parts.
Can I hook my portable dishwasher up to my Sayco/Briggs faucet?
It is not recommended. Hooking a portable dishwasher can cause excessive pressures and torque that can cause damage to your faucet which will invalidate your warranty.
How do I determine the model number of my faucet?
The most common place to find the model number is on the label of the box you purchased the faucet in. (We suggest you write this number on your warranty card for later use if you disguard the box). If you do not have the box or paperwork, try scrolling through our faucets found on this website for a visual identification. If you still cannot locate the model number then please call our Customer Service Department at 800-888-4458.
How do I determine which type of cartridge I have if I lost my paperwork?
Due to the fact that Sayco/Briggs has various styles of cartridges available, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-888-4458. Please be sure to have the cartridge in front of you ready to describe it to our representative.
My faucet has low water pressure, how do I fix this?
The most common reason for low water pressure is the buildup of debris in the water line or aerator. You may need to flush out your faucet. Step One. Flush the aerator by removing it and then cleaning any dirt from the screens that may be causing a blockage. Replace the aerator and test the faucet to see if pressure has been improved. If the pressure has not improved, try step two. Step Two. You can flush your faucet water lines by first shutting off your water supply at the stop. Remove the index button of the handle, screw, and handle. Remove the cartridge or stem and flush thoroughly with water by turning the stop on slowly. Replace the stem or cartridge in the faucet in the exact position you removed it from and replace the handle assembly. Turn the water supply back on. Turn the handle to the open position and see if your flow has improved. If this does not take care of the problem please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-888-4458.

View All Faucets
Briggs Faucets
Sayco Faucets

View All Fixtures

Email Us

597 Old Mt. Holly Road,
Goose Creek, SC 29445